Thursday 2 August 2007

Blood Angels - Army List


Recently I've been working on a small Blood Angels army, unit by unit. As my first unit nears completion, I might as well show some pictures, and post my lists.

Personally, I think the new Blood Angels codex is fantastic. It's a lot more in keeping with the Space Marine background and is easier to use, which is brilliant. I prefer it to the vanilla Space Marine codex, for a free codex it's nigh on perfect. Of course, I've yet to use them on the tabletop...

This list represents a strike force from the 3rd Company, sometime after the death of Captain Tycho (who captained the 3rd company). I will buy Tycho eventually though, he's too manly to miss out on.

Modeling-wise, I want to use a large amount of Mark IV 'Maximus' armour using the Forgeworld Red Scorpions upgrade kit. This will not only look great (I hope), but allow me to use many of the units in a pre-heresy setting. The only units marked down for this in the list are the Assault Squads, but I will add more in future.

I've very nearly finished painting the only Tactical Squad, and at the top of this post are some pictures of my efforts. Some work still needs to be done, mainly on the bases and the veteran sarge.

Now, here is the list!

-1,500pts List -

Chaplain : Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Rosarius, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades

Death Company : 6 Models with Jump Packs, Blot Pistols, Chainswords, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades

Tactical Squad : 10 Men, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Bolters, Missile Launcher, Flamer, Veteran with Power Sword, Rhino with Smoke Launcher, Searchlight and Over Charged Engines

Assault Squad : 10 Men, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, 2 Plasma Pistols, Veteran with Power Sword

Assault Squad : 10 Men, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, Veteran with Power Fist

Devastator Squad : 5 Men, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, 4 Multi-Meltas, Veteran with Bolter, Razorback with Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launcher, Searchlight and Storm Bolter

Land Speeder : Multi Melta

Land Speeder : Multi Melta

Land Speeder : Multi Melta and Assault Cannon

-------

For 2000pt games, I will add the following 500pts:

-2,000pts List-

Librarian : Terminator Armour, Force Weapon, Storm Bolter, Psychic Hood, Wings of Sanguinius, Might of Heroes

Terminators : 5 Men, Storm Bolters, Power Fists, 1 Assault Cannon, Veteran with Power Weapon

Scouts : 5 Men, Krak Grenades, Frag Grenades, 4 Sniper Rifles, 1 Missile Launcher, Veteran with Melta Bombs

1 Extra Death Company Marine

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

- Gavin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not a bad list though venteran assault squads tend to be a better unit especialy against power armored opponents. 8 veterans with 3 power weapons is actualy cheaper than 10 normal assault marines with one and has more attacks.

I like the land speeders everyone is allways useing attack bikes but I think the bikes look odd so avoid them.

dont forget to drop melta bombs on some characters just incase they get caught in assault with a dreadnaught or other walker. alternativly give some guys power fists.

otherwise solid list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
meditation