Saturday 4 August 2007

Need a Bits Box?


Hey there!

It's 1:45 in the morning, and I really should be getting bed soon. I have work in the morning don't you know! Instead I've decided to write this really short article/advertisement, to help anyone who had a messy bits box.

Believe it or not, for 3 years my bits box was just a box full of bits, completely unordered. After that, it became a bigger box, then a big box and a small box, eventually 2 big boxes. Throughout all 7 years of complete Bits Box chaos, I never once thought of organizing them in any way at all.

Recently, I've found the solution - or my solution, at any rate. It might seem obvious to most people, but small boxes with dividers are perfect. Although they are meant for use with electrical components, it's as if they were designed for modeling.

This one here is the one I use for my 40K armies, with each army having one for it's bits. Soon, I may have to get a second for my Space Marines, cause you know, 8 years of collecting marines is a lot of bits.

This here, is my standard Fantasy box. As fantasy armies tend to have more spare parts and larger pieces (in my experience anyway), the larger compartments are better suited here. Again, each army has one each.

For size comparison, just check the picture at the top of the post. Next time you're near a Maplins store, pick one of these up for a few quid, you won't regret it.

- Gavin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
meditation