Saturday 4 August 2007

Some photos



Well as part of my degree I have to take close up photographs of small objects. As an exercise to help me I played with my camera and practiced taking some photos of my Tau. Here are two pieces I've done, a Tau Shas'ui Fire Warrior holding a sensor device and a conversion with a Fire Warrior using a pair of binoculars.

A few notes for these photos. I used a Fuji Finepix F700 camera on the floor of my bedroom against the white bookcase. By using the Macro function available on my camera I was also able to take the pictures 9cm away from the models in question. I also used a backlight of a desktop lamp to light up my little studio but if I had the time, I would have also included some reflected light, in order to light it up even more. With more time, I could have taken better photos but these will do for now.

- Sam

3 comments:

Gavin Schofield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gavin Schofield said...

You really should update this article with more info - it's good, but needs something on setting up a little "studio", using lighting and using backgrounds.

You also should start processing the images - run it through a simple photo editing program to adjust the hue, saturation and contrast, and then crop the image so it contains only the model.

A portable photography studio would give you more professional results, as it would give you an even background, which you could remove in an editing program, like the official GW pics.

By the way, it's not "Macros", it's a Macro Function.

Sam Carter said...

Meh, I just call em macros. I'll do a piece on how to produce a decent photograph soon, however, I've not processed images that much before.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
meditation